*If you already have your treatment booked please review the following information
Botox Pre & Post Treatment Instructions
- 3 DAYS BEFORE treatment: AVOID waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
- 7 DAYS BEFORE treatment (to prevent bruising): AVOID blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort and Omega-3 capsules. Please note: If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor prior to stopping use of Aspirin.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- Inform your provider if you have a history of Perioral Herpes (Cold Sores)to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Do not use Botox if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform us if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
Day of Treatment
- Report any changes in health to your provider
- You may bring your own makeup to apply after your treatment.
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or a stinging sensation following injection.
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
Immediately After Treatment
- It is best to try to exercise your treated muscles for 1-2 hours, every 15-20 min after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows and squinting). This helps to work Botox into your muscles.
- Stay in a vertical position for 4 hours following injection. DO NOT “rest your head” or lie down; sit upright.
- You may apply an ice or cold gel pack to the area(s) treated (avoiding pressure) as this helps reduce swelling and the potential for bruising.
- Once you have adequately cooled/iced the area(s) as instructed and any pinpoint bleeding from the injection site(s) has subsided, you may begin wearing makeup.
- AVOID placing excessive pressure on the treated area(s) for the first few days; when cleansing your face or applying makeup, be very gentle.
- AVOID exercise or strenuous activities for the remainder of the treatment day; you may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Be sure to apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen.
- Wait a minimum of 24 hours (or as directed by your provider) before receiving any skin care or laser treatments.